12.7.08

christmas come early.

When you (and your roommate) wake up at 5am (every day) because the bright morning light filters through your unblocked window...you feel like you are more prepared for the day after looking into the dense smoggy foggy cloudy world for a few early-morning hours. It takes some mental zen skills to step out into that every day. Today, however, when I rolled over to take in the light, I saw something... a glimmer of hope... I rushed to the window like it was Christmas morning! BLUE SKIES! The bluest of blue skies! Like, all the way blue with the pollution just sinking in around the horizon! There is sun, there are shadows, glorious!

We were told that to see a true blue sky in Beijing, is like teaching pigs to fly, or hell to freeze. It's the rarest of rare and as luck would have it, it happens on our day to go to the Great Wall! I smile because I am fortunate.

No comments: